Melanie Fletcher is an expatriate Chicagoan who currently lives in North Dallas with her husband the Bodacious Brit™ and their five fabulous furbags JJ, Jessica, Jeremy, Jemma, and Jasmine (yes, they were following a theme, moving along now).
When not herding cats, she turns into SF Writer Girl, and has the SFWA membership card to prove it. Her fiction can be found in a variety of anthologies and online zines — if you’re interested, her complete bibliography is over here.
But wait — she doesn’t just write specfic. She also works as a designer and graphic artist, and produces the comedy podcast Don’t Quit Your Day Job: The Podcast with Jerry J. Davis, Patrick Gaik and Stacy the News Girl. In fact, if you want to tally up all the things Melanie can do, she can:
- play a number of instruments
- build dollhouses
- knit and crochet
- do needlepoint, cross stitch and crewelwork
- moderate panels
- edit podcasts and videocasts
- fix cars
- perform simple plumbing and electrical work
- perform somewhat more complex carpentry
- make a damn good deep dish pizza from scratch
- marry people.
When she refers to herself as a Renaissance Broad, she’s not kidding.